They did. They broke me again.
The Odyssey says Ben Carson is a crazy grandmother, and by doing so they show just how biased and uninformed they are.
1. “I would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation. I absolutely would not agree with that.”
Dr. Carson gave this quote in an interview on “Meet the Press.” Because those who are not Christian could not possibly have moral values, right Dr. Carson?
If you know anything about the Muslim faith outside of “It’s a religion of peace!” you’ll know about Sharia Law. Sharia Law is a loose but fairly uniform set of rules by which the Muslim faith operates in matters of legality. There is already pushes for implementing various degrees of Sharia law in the US, with prominent imams supporting it for America.
What Carson is saying here, and he clarifies this, is that to be a President you have to follow all of the laws of the Constitution, and sharia is incompatible with the US legal system.
But he’s a raging bigot, right?
2. “Because a lot of people who go into prison go into prison straight —and when they come out, they’re gay. So, did something happen while they were in there? Ask yourself that question.”
Dr. Carson gave this quote as an answer when asked in a CNN interview if being gay was a choice. I would like to see Dr. Carson’s work cited page for that statistic.
I don’t agree with Carson here, but if you follow the flippin’ link they posted, you’d see he backtracked on that quote.
3. “The number one cause of death for black people is abortion.”
Dr. Carson gave this quote in a fox news interview. No, Dr. Carson, the number one cause of death for African-Americans in the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, is heart disease. Followed by cancer. Followed by stroke. Followed by unintentional injuries. Followed by diabetes. You get the point.
Here’s the thing. If you were to consider for the sake of argument that a fetus is a life, like Carson does, he’s not wrong. Some estimates put abortion rates for black children at 1 in 3. That’s a staggeringly high rate of abortion.
4. “I think the likelihood of Hitler being able to accomplish his goals would have been greatly diminished if the people had been armed.
Dr. Carson gave this quote in an interview with CNN. Perhaps Dr. Carson is actually right on this one. If Hitler had not taken away the people’s means of defense, history may have been much different. The problem with this is that he is yet again comparing the current government to the 1930s Nazi regime in Germany. No Grandma, Obama is not Hitler.
No he’s not, you imbecilic twat. He’s not even talking about the current government, he’s simply stating his opinion. He has never said Obama is Hitler, you imbecile.
5. “Think about this. During slavery — and I know that’s one of those words you’re not supposed to say, but I’m saying it — during slavery, a lot of the slave owners thought that they had the right to do whatever they wanted to that slave. Anything that they chose to do.”
Dr. Carson gave this quote in an interview on “Meet the Press” regarding abortion. No Grandma, you can’t compare an unborn child to the slaves.
And why not? His analogy holds up as long as you aren’t an idiot. The problem here is you just can’t stand even entertaining the idea that an unborn child is a living being. Even if you didn’t personally believe it, you should be able to use the reasoning skills of a fourteen year old and say, “Let me look at this from his perspective, maybe he has a point.”
Instead, your mind is closed to even trying to understand the other side.
6. “Like most psychopaths. That’s why they’re successful. That’s the way they look. They all look great.”
Dr. Carson gave this quote while watching President Obama deliver his State of the Union address. A psychopath by definition is a person suffering from chronic mental disorder with abnormal or violent social behavior. No Grandma, Obama does not have violent social behavior.
The article that this is sourced from is a mess. There’s no evidence I can find of anything in it being remotely true, though if someone can find some I’d be happy to retract this.
7. “You know Obamacare is really I think the worst thing that has happened in this nation since slavery. And it is in a way, it is slavery in a way, because it is making all of us subservient to the government, and it was never about health care. It was about control.”
Dr. Carson gave this quote at the Values Voter Summit in 2013. No Grandma, Obama is not trying to enslave us all.
It’s not really surprising that he would equate socialism to slavery. Carson’s a capitalist, and capitalism and socialism don’t work together. Socialism is completely reliant on the government to work (outside of collectivist society [like those exist]). Without a government to redistribute wealth or healthcare, there can be no socialist system, and in order for it to work in the first place it has to be mandated by the government. I don’t want socialist medicine any more than I do social security.
Having your wages taken by the government to be given to someone else is a lot closer to slavery than you might think.
8. “There comes a time when people with values simply have to stand up. Think about Nazi Germany. Most of those people did not believe in what Hitler was doing. But did they speak up? Did they stand up for what they believe in? They did not, and you saw what happened.”
Dr. Carson speaking yet again in this quote comparing Democrats and the Obama administration to the Nazi regime. No Grandma, the democrats are not Nazis.
Idiot, again. Did you know you can bring up Hitler and Nazis and not be comparing whatever you are talking about to Nazis? It’s possible. Here Carson is simply bringing up a point in recent history where standing up for beliefs could have made a huge difference.
9. “Because 9/11 is an isolated incident. Things that are isolated issues as opposed to things that fundamentally change the United States of America and shift power from the people to the government. That is a huge shift. You have to take a long-term look at something that fundamentally changes the power structure of America.”
In this quote, Dr. Carson is comparing the long-term effects of Obamacare and 9/11. It appears he is claiming that Obamacare is a worse incident than 9/11. No Grandma, Obamacare is not worse than 9/11.
Refer back to 7.
I would disagree with Carson’s statement, I believe that 9/11 did change America fundamentally, (heyo Patriot Act) but what you’re saying is so daft that I can’t help but be baffled by your idiocy.
10. “You look at some of these caves and things out there one drone strike, boom, and they’re gone.”
Dr. Carson gave this quote while referring to illegal immigration and the caves surrounding the Mexican-American border. No Grandma, you can’t just blow up the immigrants.
11. “I actually have something I would use the Department of Education to do. It would be to monitor our institutions of higher education for extreme political bias and deny it federal funding if it exists.”
Dr. Carson gave this quote most recently in an interview on the Glenn Beck radio program while speaking on how universities may be teaching the younger generation political ideas that don’t quite agree with his. No Grandma, you can’t turn public colleges into “1984.”
Once again I don’t really agree with Carson, but it’s undeniable that there’s a huge bias towards the left on college campuses.